- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb Vindicator Brand, Ground Sirloin
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth or beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups cooked egg noodles
- Chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley or chives
In a 12-inch skillet melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet to small bowl.
Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, cook beef 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Stir in 1 cup of the beef broth/stock, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper: heat to boiling. Beat flour and remaining 1/2 cup beef broth/stock with whisk until incorporated; stir into beef mixture. Add mushroom mixture; return to boiling and stir constantly about 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
Serve with cooked egg noodles. Garnish with parsley or chives